Wednesday 22 January 2014

Meet our new London Academy Project Officer

As we say goodbye to Ewan, we welcome Chloe Holness who has just joined our team at the London office as the new Academy Project Officer!

Hi Guys!

When I saw the Academy Project Officer role advertised my initial thought was ‘this is the perfect job for me’! I feel that I’ve joined ReachOut, and specifically the London Academy programme, at an exciting time and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in. This week, I met all the Academy mentors and mentees and we all participated in a ‘silent debate’, yes, it actually worked! I was so impressed with the behaviour and enthusiasm for the activity from the young people. See below for one of the most well-articulated arguments from the week’s projects.

I have some teaching experience and have also worked for a literacy and mentoring charity in Peckham, south London. I am eager to get involved with the football coaching on the Academy programme having gained my level 1 football coaching certificate a few years back and playing for the University of Sussex women’s football team for two years. In case you were wondering, I support Arsenal :).

Hope to see you all soon!

Chloe


Chloe in the ReachOut office

Expressing his opinion on the controversial statement: ‘Men are inherently better than women’, Francis Nwofor (year 8) from Petchey Academy argued, “I strongly disagree with this because it is extremely sexist. Women generally have the same attributes as men, there is no tearing them apart based on gender. It is extremely wrong and just plain based on the dominance of one gender”.

No comments:

Post a Comment