Friday 1 February 2013

I've just done what?!

Sarah, my long time friend and general fitness nutter, had me in a vulnerable position. We were on holiday, so I was feeling dangerously care-free. I was in swimwear, so more susceptible to keep fit resolutions than usual. Finally - here's the clincher - it was August 2012 and I was in the grip of Olympic Fever.


More relaxed swimming times
And that's how it happened: I signed up to the London Triathlon.

Back in August, this all seemed like a great idea. I'll be fit! Have a sense of achievement! Become a living, breathing Olympic legacy! Hurrah, break out more bunting!

Let's just say that, in London's cold winter, I'm feeling a little less enthused. The stark, cold reality of doing a 1.5k swim, 40k bike ride and 10k run is finally hitting. Oh Brownlee brothers, how do you make it look this easy?

Me and RO! mentee Adam
I won't leave you on a panicky downer - and I'm certainly not trying to recruit you.

I'm excited for the challenge: I can do the swim. I've learnt to run 5k uphill in a 'respectable' 37 mins. I've seen worse in the cycling (88k through the Peaks ... shudder!). Now ... just to put it all together, at once, in front of a crowd of thousands of people. Sure!

If you'd like to sponsor me, you can visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/Hannah_does_a_triathlon. Any donation will make me smile and help the young people at ReachOut!. 

Hannah Christie

PS - I'll update you after the race! Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment